Miso Aubergine Buddha Bowl With Tamari Nuts
We've baked soft cubes of aubergine in a sticky sweet miso marinade for this colourful, lavish vegan rice bowl. Served with crunchy carrot, mellow avocado and tamari-roasted cashew nuts. Thanks to Mindful Chef for this healthy vegan recipe.
Ingredients - Serves 2
- 1 aubergine
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 200g carrot
- 20g cashew nuts
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp sweet white miso paste
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 80g brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 200C / gas mark 6 and boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and add to a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins, then drain.
- Thinly slice the spring onions, removing the root ends. Cut the aubergine into 2cm pieces.
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray and drizzle with half of the sesame oil. Place in the oven for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the miso paste with the maple syrup and remaining sesame oil. Add the spring onions and cooked aubergine to this bowl, mix well to coat and spread out onto the same baking tray. Place back in the oven for 10 mins.
- In a bowl, mix the tamari with the cashew nuts. Spread the cashew nuts out on a baking tray and place in the oven for 5 mins.
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and thinly slice. Using a vegetable peeler or julienne peeler, peel and slice the carrot into long thin strips.
- Spoon the brown rice into two warm bowls and top with the miso aubergine, the raw carrot, avocado slices and tamari nuts. Sprinkle the avocado with the sesame seeds.
557 calories • 68g carbs • 27g fat • 13g protein
Not suitable for those allergic to nuts, sesame, soya