Pasta sauces from jars are notoriously unhealthy, often full of added sugar and salt which can damage your waistline. Try our delicious homemade tomato pasta sauce recipe which will make you feel like Italy has arrived in your kitchen!
- 1 punnet of fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (or garlic paste as an alternative)
- 1/2 stock cube
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Slice the tomatoes and put them in a small-medium saucepan
- Put them on a low heat and add boiling water so that the tomatoes are not quite covered
- Put a lid over them and begin to simmer
- After 2 minutes, add the garlic, stir, and replace the lid
- After another 2 minutes, add the stock cube, stir, and replace the lid
- Once the tomatoes have begun to really boil down, mix in the dried mixed herbs
- Stir well and take off the heat once they have reduced to your desired level. If you'd like small chunks of tomato in your sauce, take off the heat earlier.
- Serve and enjoy!