At this time of year, pumpkin comes into its own and we remember what a delicious and versatile ingredient it can be. These scrumptious pumpkin scones will really get you in an autumnal mood and use the natural sweetener Natvia instead of refined sugar so they're healthy and Paleo-friendly.
Serves: 12 | Prep: 15 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
- 2 cups (300g) Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp (15g) Natvia
- 1/4 cup (60g) Butter cubed and cold
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Milk
- 2/3 cup (160g) Pumpkin Puree
- Preheat oven to 190°C (Gas Mark 5) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together Natvia, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the butter and mix until pea-sized pieces form.
- Add the milk and pumpkin and mix until just combined.
- Place onto a floured surface and roll out to 1.2 cm (1/2 inch) thickness. Cut out desired size scones, making sure to flour the cutter between each cut.
- Place onto pan and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy at room temperature or warm and store in an airtight container.