EHOH stands for Every Hour On the Hour and is an emerging fitness trend developed to combat the dangers of sitting at work and living a sedentary lifestyle.
How does EHOH work?
The average working day is 8 hours long with a one-hour lunch break. EHOH proposes that you split your one-hour lunch break into 3 10-minute breaks and 1 half-hour break so that you can get away from your desk more often and combat the health risks associated with sitting for too long. Although EHOH stands for Every Hour On the Hour, you can take your 10-minute breaks whenever suits you best. It's advisable to take a 10-minute break each hour in the morning and then the longer half-hour break in the afternoon when you need to eat lunch.
Benefits of EHOH
We all know exercise is great for your mind and body and the health benefits are almost endless, but exercising during your working day can actually improve your performance at work as well. A study by the Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine found that incorporating just 2.5 hours of exercise per week into the workday led to a noticeable reduction in absences.
5 Reasons To Do EHOH
- If you are more active you are less likely to go sick meaning fewer absences.
- Active people have more energy. Regular exercise increases energy throughout the day, meaning more energy to put in good quality work and be productive in the office.
- You will have more self-confidence. Confidence is empowering and will encourage you to push yourself and achieve more in your career.
- You will inspire your colleagues to become healthier.
- Fit people take on more leadership roles because of the many positive benefits of a lifestyle. A fit individual tends to make a good leader.