The paleo diet is one which causes a fair bit of controversy in the fitness world. However, at the heart of this regime is a fantastic ethos. The purpose of the paleo diet is not to consume any processed foods, thereby supposedly only eating things that a caveman or cavewoman would have eaten. Some people may argue that there are various fruits and nuts that cave people would not have had access to, but this is beyond the point.
The goal is to avoid all processed and packaged foods, especially refined sugars and carbohydrates. To this end, the paleo diet is a very beneficial one and these spiced paleo blondies are absolutely delicious! They do not contain any unnatural ingredients; everything used to make them can be sourced from nature. Why not have a try of the recipe and let us know what you think?
In this recipe, we used Natvia as a natural sweetener. Some artificial sweeteners on the market, such as those which are made from aspartame, can be very bad for your health and we would argue that it is always better to consume natural food products than artificial chemicals.
Why not have a try of the recipe and let us know what you think?
Spiced Paleo Blondies Recipe
- 2/3 cup almond butter/smooth peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Natvia natural sweetener
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk the nut butter until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the eggs, honey, and Natvia sweetener.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the batter into a brownie tin lined with baking parchment.
- Bake at 325F/160C/Gas Mark 3 for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!