Work your entire bodyweight with one simple tool… TRX.
The TRX Suspension Trainer system leverages gravity and your bodyweight to perform hundreds of exercises. You're in control of how much you want to challenge yourself on each exercise - because you can simply adjust your body position to add or decrease resistance.
What is TRX?
Ever seen those yellow and black straps hanging in your gym.. Well that’s a TRX.
The TRX works using its straps to suspend yourself in different exercises, keeping your core under constant tension and give you a whole body workout.
The Story of TRX
Flashback to the 90s, Navy Seal Randy Hetrick is on deploy with his unit, the navy seals need an elite level of fitness, but they don’t have their beloved gym, so their smashing out rep after rep of bodyweight exercises.
Randy goes to his duffel bag. “I had accidentally stuffed this blue jiu-jitsu belt in the bag and was like, What the hell?” says Hetrick. “I tied a knot in it, threw it over a door and closed the door. Then, I leaned back and started lifting my body against it. After I did some reps. I started to play with it.” he said.
And thus the TRX was born.
For the full interview with Randy Hetrick see: http://www.si.com/edge/2014/06/18/trx-inventor-randy-hetrick-battle-born-fitness
TRX Training Benefits
- It's adaptable for all fitness levels - you're working with your own weight.
- It's portable. It weighs two pounds so you can take it anywhere and use it indoors or outdoors.
- It helps you reach any goal. You can use a TRX to improve sports performance, lose weight, gain strength, rehab an injury, and more.
- It's functional. In both respects, the kit itself is easy to carry and the exercises use multiple planes of motion to improve our daily function.
- You stand to train. People sit too much and have sedentary lifestyles. This allows you to stay up your entire workout, or even upside down if you’re going for a TRX handstand!
- It's all core all the time. Working your transverse abdominals can also help to improve your posture and core strength.
At Sundried we love to use the TRX because it adds variety to our workout regimes, is simple to set up and simple to use. Training needs to be consistent, but it also needs to change so that your body does too.
Look out for our TRXtreme workout as featured in Bestfit magazine here.