Do you struggle to get enough protein into your diet? Did you buy an expensive protein powder and have no idea how to introduce it into your diet? Or just looking for a new and healthy breakfast to replace that boring cereal? Protein pancakes are a quick and easy way to have a highly nutritious and tasty breakfast! Here is one of our favourite recipes!
- 1 sachet of Wheybox chocolate orange whey protein
- 50g egg whites
- 1 medium-sized overripe banana
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Use a hand mixer to blend up all the ingredients until well mixed.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan and tip in your pancake mix, 1 heaped tbsp at a time.
- Leave to cook for a couple of minutes. These pancakes don't use flour so they are slightly more fragile than usual, therefore you should cook the other side by folding them in half into a half moon shape!
- Leave for another couple of minutes then pile on your plate and top with yogurt, nut butter and popcorn!
Thanks to the banana, these pancakes have a soft texture and are naturally quite sweet.