Winter Warmer: Fruity Protein Porridge Recipe
Comfort food is everything in winter, so try this warming protein porridge recipe to keep your diet on track and refuel after a chilly winter workout.
Healthy Porridge Recipe
Takes 5-7 mins
- 50g gluten-free rolled oats
- 100ml water
- 100ml rice milk
- A pinch of salt
- 10g cacao butter drops
- 20g 70% dark choc (xylitol sweetened)
- 25g cashew butter (optional)
- 10g Pea Protein Powder
- 5 chopped hazelnuts
- 5 chopped raspberries
Simple porridge recipe:
- Add the gluten-free oats, water and rice milk to a pan.
- Cook over a medium heat, until warm, add the cacao butter drops and the pinch of salt.
- Once the porridge nears your desired consistency, take the pan off the heat and stir in the pea protein. If it is too thick add in an extra splash of rice milk.
- Blend up the berries, transfer the porridge to a bowl and top with the blended berries and flaked almonds!
Thanks to Pulsin for this great recipe!