Training Update From Ali Trauttmansdorff Athlete Ambassador
This winter was dedicated to swim training and running cross country. In fact I ran so much cross country, my senior school PE teacher Mrs Mantell would have laughed her head off if she had still been with us. I used to hate cross country at school - always got a stitch... I thus dedicate my season to her.
Here my schedule!
- Essex XC Relays - Ladies 3rd Team
- Couple of South Essex XC League races with my old club
- 5 mile Winter XC Handicap - 1st Lady
- Chingford League @ HQ - 5th Lady
- Chingford League at Hog Hill (in the pitch black!!)
- Essex XC League 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 - Bronze V45!
- Ranelagh Mob Match which was run for the 90th time!
- Essex Vet XC Champs - 5th
- Chingford League at Ally Pally on my birthday - flaming steep hill!!!
- Olympic Park 10k with PB
- Essex Senior Champs - Bronze Women's Team!
- The Mercury (10 miles) - 6th Lady
- Southern XC Champs at Parliament Hill - enormous race!
- Blackheath Mob Match - Orion won!! - tough run...
- Chingford League Relays - Ladies team won!
- Cambridge Half
- Brentwood Half - new PB of 1.38
- Essex 5 mile road championship - Women's Team Gold and V45 Gold!
- St. Clare's Hospice 10k - 2nd overall
So a lot of running. Managed to win the Women's Division 2 at my running club and promotion to Division 1, which is the candy for all that effort! The other big project was some swim training with Cedric Lassonde (French Ironman) x6 in order to sort my swimming stroke out. Definitely seems more efficient. Let's see what it is like in the open water in a few weeks! I have also joined a new club that is nearer to me, so I can actually get to some club training, namely East London Triathletes. A very friendly club of like-minded people. I get to swim on Tuesday evenings at 20.00 which works much better for me and I enjoy the challenge of swimming with others, trying to lead the lane as much as I can. The trainers are from Swim4Tri so we are getting great coaching. Just need to try and get a new trisuit to represent them in the upcoming season!
Racing this much is hard on the body. I have had to work really hard at my muscles during strength training. Wonking glute meds have plagued me a bit, but I have come out the other side with some great rewards. Time in the gym is critical, folks, and you have to keep working at it. Rock on 2017 season!